23 Apr 2013

This is What I Hate From Discussing Clothes with my Mom

"You can't have a discussion with a woman , because every discussion with a woman is an argument ..."
I think that statement is... true... Sadly it's true . Yeah , because I also sometimes have a discussion with my mom (read : a woman) , wait , correction , not a discussion but argument . Yeah true ... especially when we're talking about fashion , clothing , etc . It will normally end up with an argument . She always rules me in everything , not just outfit or outer clothes , undergarments also she has rules about it . Wah liao , why got such a thing ??
Ya , normally the argument will be started with this...
When we're inside the shop...
Mom : Well , just go find your favorite one then show me , ok ? I can see whether it's good for you or no .
Me : Okay !
Five minutes later ...
Me : Mom ! See see , this one nice right ??
Mom : What nice ?? Wah liao , so short sia ! Go find another one !
Ten minutes later ...
Me : Mom , what about this ??
Mom : Wah liao , low cut , can show your cleavage ! No way !
Fifteen minutes later ...
Me : Hmmm final choice , this one ? *with lazy face*
Mom : Well , this one is... okay... but... I don't like the colour , change the colour !
Me : But I like this colour !
Mom : No , I don't like it !
Me : Okay then don't buy lor , I also still got that "thousands" clothes inside my wardrobe ...
Mom : What did you just say ?? Oh , so you want to start argument with me huh ?
Me : What ? No , I just don't like other colours , I like this one only ...
Mom : It will make you look older ! Go buy that brown one ! That's it !
Me : Okay okay... (say okay okay only to avoid argument , haha my habit )

Ya , that's how the argument will start . She always forces me to buy what she wants , and it will end up with me never wear the clothes . Wasting money , ikr , but it's what she wants what . It's because it's not me who will pay for the clothes , but it will be my Dad pays . Normally when I really like the clothes , I'll buy with my own money , without her knowing , haha , easy right ?
Not just about outer clothes only , undergarments also she will rule me . Once I want to buy red colour bra , she said that it's too 'wah' or something . Then I said "Mom , red is sexy , you know ??"
She was like ... speechless , haha , then she asked me "Red huh ? For what ? You think it's Chinese new year ?" . Then I said " Oh , chinese new year I can also wear red bra lor , plus red undies , match right ??" She only said ok ok at that time , haha .
You know ? She often buys me that skin coloured bra . Omg , please la , that one is the kind of ah ma's bra . She never understand about young generation's taste of bra I guess . Once I also asked her to buy me black bra , she was shocked also , she said it doesn't look good on me as a teenager . Huh ? Even my lecturer in fashion department said that black bra is the sexiest one . So then I kept telling her that it's nice blah blah blah till she bought me one . Haha
She also concerned a lot about going out . When we went to wedding party , she didn't only concern about dress or gown , but undergarments also . Once she scolded me coz I wore ugly undergarments to wedding party . I was like "Mom , nobody is going to check my undergarments ! They will only stare at my gown or dress , okay ? " Then she said "Aiyoh , you ah , so stubborn , later when you grow up , you will find out why you must wear nice undergarments when you go out !"
Well , till now , I'm still not sure why should wear nice undergarments every time I go out .
Then once , I requested her something that quite making her shocked , but then it ended up she smiled and bought me the stuffs .
When I was 17 years old ...
I asked her "Mom , can I get a lingerie ?"
At first , she was speechless , but then she smiled and asked me "Whoa whoa... lingerie huh ? What is it about ? "
My face was like red at that time , then I almost said "forget it Mom" but then she asked me again "Well , is it about growing up ?"
Then I didn't say anything but smiling and nodded at her . Then she said again "Well , okay , I just realized that my daughter has grown up already , so okay , let's go find any for you ..."
Then it ended up with me getting two sets of  lingerie , lol . I never brought them to Singapore though , hahaha , she said "You siao ah ?? Bring them to SG ?? Later your roommate shocked sia seeing you wearing it ! Besides , you must be sleeping with aircon , don't wear too open , later you got flu , how ??"
Well , so ya I never brought them here lor , haha .

No comments:

Post a Comment