10 Apr 2013

They Don't Have 'Pause' or 'Stop' Button

Hmmmm time runs so fast . I'm going back to my hometown in 40 days . My assessment is coming soon as well . *uurrggghhh*
Anyway , I dunno why every time I'm going back to my hometown , what I expect from my big family (included aunties , uncles , granparents , cousins , etc. ) never happened . My expectation is that I can get a warm welcome from them , not questions . Their questions ah... very irritating sometimes , although some of them are still okay and reasonable . For example ... (Oh and anyway , if you found people calling me in my Chinese name it's because my big family always calls me in Chinese name , Rong Li , they don't really remember my English name , haha ... )

My Dad : How's the weather in Singapore ? (It's hot here ) Do you often get flu there ? (No) I remember you always get flu in Malang , dunno why . (Ya , ikr , Malang is too damn cold for me)

My Mom : How's your school ? (It's okay) Good marks or no ? (Average) Got boyfriend or no ? (No , haven't found the right one , can't just anyhow declare that someone is my bf mah... not good) Any handsome guys in Singapore ? (Hmmm so far , not really , not my type la) Eh how come you change your style arh ? (Of course , fashion design course changes me) Wah liao , what's this ?? You wear strange outfits , no wonder no guys want you . (Huh ? I thought wearing blouse and shorts is okay ?) Anyway , if you can't find bf , mommy understand , it's difficult to find right guy nowadays , mommy can introduce you to a guy , he's my friend's son , 28 years old , rich , handsome , blah blah blah , so ya , if ya want , I can intro you lor ! How ? You want ? You want ? (Wth , I do really hope that he's not a pedo or lollita complex man that is looking for young girl 10 years younger than him . Anyway , rich and handsome only isn't enough !) You arh , too picky one ! Handsome and rich , that's perfect lor ! Why you dun want ?? (Handsome and rich but the personality is like shit I also will dump him in 1 day only , one day then say good byeeeee !! ) Wah liao , these days still thinking like that ?? Later you will get married at 30 , no way ! Mommy dun want you to get married so late , at least the latest must married already when you're 25 ! (Oh really ? Hmmm... ok ...) Anyway , if you're looking for bf , I just want you to date guy whose race is chinese , I dun like you to date ang moh or indian , or any others , chinese only , okay ?? (Yes , mommy ...) Oh and anyway , dun date younger guy , better be like me and your dad , got age gap , I'm 5 years younger than your dad , so that the guy can lead you , not you leading him . (Ya...) I dun like you to change change guy also , just decide your choice ! (Ya...) I really dunno why , your friends arh , can get bf easily and go steady , not like you , so difficult to get one . Go find , your age is mature enough to have bf  (Ya...) Lower your expectation ! (Ya...) Don't be too picky ! (I'm not picky , it's just about my feeling lor ... If no feeling then how to make my relationship last longer ? ) When I was in your age , I already got bf you know ? (Ya...) Later when you have one ,be faithful to your bf , ok ? (Ya...) If you're in relationship , dun flirt with other guys , even go together with other guys also don't , ok ? Later your bf jealous and get angry , you know ? (Ya...) Anyway , what's your type in looking for bf ? (Zzzzzz.....) Hey , hey , are you listening ??

My Brother : Hey , you arh ! Go to Anime Festival there , bo jio sia ! (Hey , but I bought you two swords what !) Ya ikr , you bought me those , but I also wanted to take pics with the cosplayers ... Oh did you see any cosplay outfits sold there ? (Ya I saw , but don't expect me to buy one for you , too damn expensive...) Eh next time buy me Gundam , okay ? (Wah liao , you want to kill me ?? Unless you send me money from Indonesia , hahaha your own money , not dad's money) Oh come on la , Jie ... you're my beautiful nice friendly jie jie , please buy for me , oh just make it as my bday gift ?

My Auntie ('Ai Ren' Auntie) : Rong Li... How's Singapore ? Wah liao , now you already become a 新 加 坡 妹 妹 ah ? (Haha ... not yet , my citizenship is still Indonesian . ) How's your study there ? (Hmmm not bad , sometimes no sleep at night though...) Ni you mei you ai ren ? (Mei you...) Wah liao ... How come mei you one ?? (I'm in Singapore for studying , not really looking for ai ren , but if find the right one then go date him la)

My Auntie (Shopper Auntie) : Rong Li... how's Singapore ?? ( Oh it's good , Auntie...) You enjoy stay there ? (Ya , Auntie... I really enjoy ) Later how ? Wanna settle there ? (Ya , I guess so...) I heard that there are a lots of shopping mall in Singapore ? (Yup , kinda) Do you often go shopping ? (Hmmm not really , just when first month being in Singapore I spent much money in shopping , haha) Where's the good shopping mall area ? (Hmmm Orchard ? Or maybe Bugis or Dhoby Ghaut also can . My campus is surrounded by those areas , hahaha ) Whoa , so lucky ! Can you bring me there next time ? (Can... can... don't worry , haha)

My Uncle : Hi , Rong Li ... How's your life in Singapore ? Nice or no ? (Nice , nice .... Haha...) Is it expensive to live in Singapore ? (Hmmm compared to living in Malang , of course there's more ex ) What language do you speak there ? English or Chinese ? (Hmmm mixed . Mostly English , but when talking to old people there , better use Chinese coz most of them can't speak English well but my Chinese is bad also , so ya , better dun really talk to old people there except if  I do really need to talk to them ) People there can speak Hokien or Cantonese ? (Hmmm both la , mostly Hokkien but some of them speak Cantonese too )

My Cousin (Shopper Cousin) : Hi , Rong Li ! How's your life there ?? (Oh hi hi , my life is ok there ) Do you often go shopping there ?? ( Hmmm not really , hahaha walking around only , not like every time buy stuffs , hahaha except for school stuffs ) I really want to go to Orchard again , you know last time when I was there , I was so stunned by the shops , so many nice clothes !! (Ya , ya ikr , hehe) I love Bugis too ! So many cheap stuffs ! I spent SGD 200 in 2 hours only and got so many nice clothes (What ?? 200 ??) Is NAFA near Bugis ? (Ya , very close to Bugis , just need to walk) Whoa , so lucky ! I wish I could study in NAFA too , can go Bugis everyday ...

My Cousin (Education Cousin) : Hey , how's the education in Singapore ? (It's nice , need to be discipline as well) I also want to study there , but dun really know the good universities there (Hmmm maybe I can help you find , what you want to study ?) I want to study about communication . (Hmmm communication ah ? Hmmm let me think , maybe you can search on google , coz I dun really know about that , since I'm studying fashion design ...)

My Cousin (Movie Cousin) : Yo , Rong Li ! How's your life there ? (Yo , cousin ! My life is good there... ) Any good movies there ? (Hmmm kinda ) How much is the ticket for watching movie there ? (Hmmm depends ,,, if you're student , can get student deal every Monday to Friday , it's around $6-$7 , but every Saturday and Sunday no student deal , it's around $10-$12) Hmmm same as in Jakarta lor ... (Ya but with that price , in Jakarta we can watch in Blitz Megaplex already mah... T.T) Hmm, you often go watch movie ? (Hmmm it's always my friends asking me hang out then watch movie lor ...) You watch any local movies ? (Hmmm ya  , sometimes , but mostly I watch box office movies )

My Cousin ('Ai Ren' Cousin) : Hi Rong Li , how's life in Singapore ? Any handsome guys ? (Hmmm it's ok , well... not really , why ? ) Eh really ? I thought Singapore guys are mostly handsome ? (Well handsome is relative lor... handsome for you but not always handsome for me , haha) You got bf already ? (No... ) Wah , really ? Hmmm next time can you intro me to Singapore guys ? (Ya , okay ) Oh you know ? Last time I visited Universal Studios , I saw a guy , so damn leng zai le !!! (Oh okay...) Really , he made me stunned (Okay...) I want to study there also , you know ? So that I can see handsome guys every day (okay...)

My Grandma : Rong Li arh... How's Singapore ? Ni you mei you nan peng you ? (Oh it's ok , Po Po , hmmm mei you...) What do you learn ? Hua hua yi fu ma ? (Yes , and sewing also )

Ya , after this when I'm going back to my hometown again , I hope their questions will change , but if their questions are still the same , hmmmm I think the similar questions must come from bf thingy . Dunno why they always want to know about this matter . So , after this , if  my aunties , my grandma or my mom ask me 'ni you mei you ai ren ?' or 'ni you mei you nan peng you ?' or any other similar questions , I'll proudly , immediately , directly , exactly say 'wo you !' or 'you lah !!' or 'dui dui , wo you ai ren !' I hope it can make them shut up . Oh wait , I forget , I just realized that they don't have 'pause' or 'stop' button ! Oh God ... confirm if I answer like that , they'll 'bombard' me with these questions "Really ??? What's his name ?? Where's he from ?? Is he Singaporean ?? Is he Indonesian ?? Is he ang moh ? Is he leng zhai ?? Is he rich ?? Is he Chinese ? Is he Hokkien ?? Is he Cantonese ?? How long have you been in relationship ?? When will you introduce him to us ?? Why don't you bring your nan peng you to here ?? Is he nice ?? How did you meet him ?? What do you usually do with him ?? Where does he stay ? Is he a student ? What does he study ? Is he older than you ? How old is him ? Does he work ? What's his job ?" and etc...
I'll be like ... "Oh God... why ???" *cover face with both hands*
When I say I dun have bf , they 'bombard' me with lots of questions
when I say I have bf , they also will do that
wah liao , bo pian sia...
Better just give them smile smile only then ...
haha

No comments:

Post a Comment