2 May 2013

Assessment Day

Well yeah , guess my year 1 in NAFA for fashion studies is over . Say hi to year two , yay !!
You know what ? This year , dunno why so different from last year's assessment . Last year got 6 lecturers became the assessors . This year got 3 people only . Oh plus 1 moderator , and she's a total bitch . So lucky she went out from the assessment room when it's my friend's turn and she didn't come back till it's my turn .

First student's turn , there's still no this moderator inside . The moderator was fashion study's head of department . She's an Angmoh woman , so damn strict and bitchy . You know what ? The first student from my class who faced her was Simon . He said that she's an asshole . You know why ? It's because that she always bitched about everyone's project . For instant , his project , I saw his mood boards already and what I could say was amazing . His boards were so tidy and got beautiful beading on its cover . Then he told all of us that the moderator said "Why don't you put the fabric besides your illustrator ? How do I know what fabrics you used ? You want me to guess ??"
He was surprised listening to her comments . Then he explained that on his boards already got one board special for the fabrications , but she still insisted about her opinion that fabrics should be put besides the illustrations . Wah , really , this moderator is so damn bitchy . She also bitched about other students project , like why they didn't put any fabric label , and why so ugly , why so untidy , etc . Wth ? I saw everyone's project already and I didn't see any untidy projects . Even in assessment day , everybody started rearranging their projects so that they looked professional . Still , she bitched about everyone . We all also dressed up in professional way , see see , where got students with 'housewife' or 'househusband' look ? Flashback to two weeks ago or the last week of our second semester course in fashion design , we all looked like housewife and househusband sia , due to the 5 submissions in that bloody one week . I remember , the most common questions that I or my classmates asked were :
1. Have you finished your illustration project ?
2. Have you finished your mood boards ?
3. Have you finished sewing your blouse ?
4. What about your pattern draping journal ? Finished already ?
5. Hey , do we need to finish the fashion journal on pinterest ?

Then yeah... we all looked like alive zombie . Sleepy eyes , ugly clothes , never care about make up , etc . Even I often stayed back in school till 11.00 PM with my Indian classmate and that made my Mom always scolded me "Aaaaa , why so late never go back hostel ?? Go back now !!"
I already explained to her that if I went back to hostel , I couldn't draw since the table there is too small . Then she said that I could try drawing on floor . What ?? No way !! I love my paper ! I dun want it to be dirty !

So yeah , yesterday on my assessment day , I dressed up like a professional also . I wore my 11 cm high heels and long pants , red blouse , plus one black cardigan . I think 11 cm high heels wasn't enough you know ? Coz I still couldn't explain my boards properly , the table was too high . Oh , also , one day before assessment , on the night , I applied mask on my face so that on assessment day , my face looks fresh , haha .
The lecturers didn't give much comments on my projects , it's just that they said that my lay out for the mood boards was good but need to put something else so that they don't look too boring , then they took my blouse pattern also , my friends said it's because they like my blouse pattern . Hmmm okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment