24 Mar 2013

Introducing my self

Hi hi
So in this post I'm gonna introduce my self
So that everyone can know me better lah .
So okay...
My name on my birth certificate is Vania Kartika Chandra . I was born on September 20th , 1994 , in Malang , East Java - Indonesia .
Ya , so many people asked me if I'm a mix blood or something . Hmmm maybe because of my name . Hahaha . Ya , my name is kinda like Indian name mixed with Hebrew , but when they see my face , they say that I look so damn Chinese . Okay , okay let me explain now :)
Actually I'm a Chinese descendant , my great grandparents migrated from Guang Zhou , China to Indonesia . They settled in Malang , East Java - Indonesia . Then , they had kids , my grand parents . Then my grand parents got married in Indonesia also , till the had kids , my parents and their siblings . My Dad comes from Cantonese family , but my mom comes from Hokien family . I , my self , can be considered as Cantonese girl , since in Chinese family , the children normally will follow the Dad's family line . I got my Chinese name as well . My Chinese name is 张  蓉  里 (Zhang Rong Li) . But I never used my Chinese name for official use , such as student card , birth certificate , IC , etc. Since last time on 1970s or something , in Indonesia got new rule that stating that all Chinese people must change their Chinese name into Indonesian name . So , ya , my parents gave me Indonesian name , but the gave me Chinese name also . In family thingy , I'm always called in my Chinese name . Sometimes , it's so funny also when my friend called me at home , then my mom or dad picked up the phone , they can just sometimes forget my Indonesian name , so once my friend asked "Hello , may I speak to Vania ?" then my mom said "Oh , Vania ? Who's that ? " then few minutes later realized that Vania is her own daughter . Hahahah , no woder liao , she always calls me in Chinese name , Rong Li . 
Mostly Chinese people in Indonesia got two names , Chinese and Indonesian names , but few Chinese people only got Indonesian name . 
Okay next is about my baptist name , ya , since I'm a Catholic , I must be baptized . I actually got three baptist names , Vincentia Maria Josephine . But I often use the Josephine one . Sounds nicer , lol . So ya , I started using Josephine Zhang as my username everywhere , or if not , can call me Joshie or Jo also , simpler , better than if I say my name is Vania , some people can just misunderstand . Well it's true , when I introduced my self as Vania , the next day , got one girl called me Tiffany , then the next day a guy called me Stephanie , then the next day , got one aunty called me Tania , and the worst thing is , once got a friend called me Clara ... Wah liao , so far leh ! From Vania changed into Clara . Okay , so Jo , or Joshie or Josephine much better . 
For some friends , especially the Chinese friends , some of them prefer calling me Rong Li , so I just let them call me like that , I'm also ok with Chinese name . Hahaha
Okay , next !!!
I completed my primary school , secondary school , and high school (junior college) in Indonesia , and the school name all same , Saint Joseph College , a Chinese school in my hometown , in Chinese name it's called 印 (Hua Yin) , then when the Indonesian government asked my school to change into Indonesian name , it's changed into Saint Joseph College . Some old people in Indonesia still recognize it as Hua Yin though . It's kinda famous school in my hometown , actually not just famous in my hometown , but famous in Indonesia as welll . I dunno why famous , some people say that it's famous because of its disciplinary , some people say that it's famous of its good study environment , some people say that it's famous of having tests and homeworks everyday , but to me , I don't care whether it's famous or not , I do still love my school !!! <3 
Now , I currently study in NAFA (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts) , Singapore . I take the fashion design course , currently still in year one though . I will be in second year in this coming July . 
I got one younger brother , he's turning 16 this year , still studying in high school in Indonesia . 
Anyway , if you want to know me more , can contact me on Facebook : www.facebook.com/josevanzz , or by email also can liao : vania.chandra94@gmail.com
Okay , later if I need to add more introduction , I'll update again :) cya have a g'day !

No comments:

Post a Comment